ACHIEVE GREATNESS WITH YEMI AND BIMBO DAVIDS
Day 29 October 2019
Honour Brings favour
Scriptural Reference: “Therefore the Lord God of Israel says: ‘I said indeed that your house and the house of your father would walk before Me forever.’ But now the Lord says: ‘Far be it from Me; for those who honour Me I will honour, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed”. – 1 Samuel 2:30
Our attitude to the things of God will determine how blessed we are. Eli’s sons were careless with God’s property and assignment and they paid dearly for it. It led to a generational curse.
When you give God offerings, learn to honour Him. Put together the best for God. When it concerns His kingdom, give Him the best, not just the available. God had respect unto Abel’s offering because of honour. Cain also offered but it was not befitting. In all your service to God’s kingdom as a church worker, in the giving of offerings, etc., make sure it is wrapped with honour. There is a place of giving and there is a place of honour. Don’t give your offerings and tithes in church by squeezing it. Get a neat envelope and pack it excellently. Do you know the principle of tithing has a lot to do with honour? The first part, i.e. 10% belongs to Him, not you and your promptness, consistency and packaging shows you honour Him (that owns that 1st part), and then He will bless the remaining 90%.
Those who honour God, He will in turn honour. Whenever you are in charge of anything in God’s house (Church) whether they are properties or assignments, handle it with respect and honour. Let things that belong to Him come before any other thing. Until you pass the test of honour, you are not set for favour.
Sometimes we forget that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and how you handle your body – physically, sexually and emotionally, shows how much you honour the Holy Spirit. This is a principle that needs to be recovered in the body of Christ. Always have God in mind; how will He feel about what you want to do or say, and this will build into you a life of humility and quick repentance when you sin.
When God gives you an instruction, take it seriously; make it a priority. This is not being religious but rather sowing the seeds of honour, and the harvest will be the unleashing of favour in your direction.
Daily digest: Read Malachi 1: 6-14
Prayer: Lord, open my eyes to recognise all of the untapped potentials you’ve blessed me within the name of Jesus. Help me to not take the blessings and favour you’ve blessed me with for granted in the name of Jesus.